This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Sunday, February 21, 2021

Reconnecting to the Sacred

 "Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." ~ Joseph Campbell

I found myself over the weekend rather unexpectedly drawn into a deep and reflective video of a sacred spiritual event, arising in a place and a culture very different from what surrounds me here, and in a language I do not know (with a narrator translating).  As can often be the case with such things, it just "showed up" - in this case, virtually, as most experiences must these days.  

It reconnected me and reminded me of something important - especially in our current tumultuous world.  We need to come back into relationship with the Sacred.  

I've needed this.  I've needed the Honesty of what this is, unfiltered.  I've needed the Simplicity.  I've needed the Depth.  

In our seemingly "advanced" society, we've forgotten a great deal.  So many seem to think they're just too "smart" to listen to so-called "simple people".  They scoff at such things.  They are far too busy racing towards a future that would harm us more than help.  This kind of "intelligence" that congratulates itself continually on being so "clever" is hollow at the core.  Exposed for what it is, it  falls short in the presence of Wisdom.  Wisdom is what "advances" Humanity - and nothing else.



Early Spring photo by Susan Larison Danz.

No comments:

Post a Comment