This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Sunday, February 14, 2021

Always Space for More

 "Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers." ~ Isaac Asimov

All of my life, I have wanted to write.  And I've written.  I haven't always written in the ways I expected - in fact, generally, not at all.   "You were meant to be here, from the beginning." are the words echoing in the background, as I write tonight.  (It's Sunday night music tonight, instead of Saturday.)  

I have to be honest and say I started to wonder if this was actually worthwhile, coming in to write, every night, before midnight.  If I only write a few words, if I require it, or if I rely on something I wrote before, is it really serving a purpose?  Apparently, it is.  Because I'm here.  Every day, I write elsewhere, but here has its purpose.

What I was thinking about a little bit ago is what a glorious thing, truly, it is, to be a writer, in whatever ways we choose to write.  There's always space for more.  Sometimes, I've stopped.  And then it returns to me.  I never give up on it.  Ever.  And I never need to give up on it.  I'd like to say I've changed my expectations, and in many ways, I have.  Writing itself has changed, and the ways I can write.  It doesn't always need to have a destination, except to exist.  It gets to the point there's nothing to "give up" on.  It simply is. 

There is always space for more.  And there always will be.  That's pretty wonderful, really.



Magical Bridge photo by Susan Larison Danz.

No comments:

Post a Comment