This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Thursday, January 7, 2021

Stillness of Spirit

 "True stillness of Spirit is with you always, whether standing in a meadow or a maelstrom." ~ Susan Larison Danz

It may seem an ideal, and it is, to speak of it this way, this concept of always finding stillness of Spirit.  What is remarkable as we begin to discover this Stillness is how it grows.  It may not always be always, but it becomes more and more accessible.

Together, we are navigating through times that feel unprecedented to most of us.  At times like these, I am so very thankful for my Spirituality.  I didn't always have it so present in my life, but I surely am thankful it is now.  

I wish I could tell you it's as simple as some formula.  There are formulas out there to help, such as mindfulness and breathing.  Or walking in a quiet meadow.

But this is not quite that.  There is no formula.  It isn't well defined.  It can feel like some kind of a Miracle, how it arrives.  It's an undeniable presence of Spirituality, every day, in my life. 

In times like these, we need an open heart and a still Spirit, as much as we can find them.  Many Spiritual wayshowers in history have told us this as well.  Open hearts and still Spirits navigate far more effectively and honestly than closed and agitated minds.  

Thank goodness for Spirituality.  I can no longer imagine my life without it.



Meadow photo by Susan Larison Danz.


No comments:

Post a Comment