This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Anger versus Spirituality (Hint: Spirituality Wins)

"Anger doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything." ~ Lawrence Douglas Wilder

I realized a little bit ago that I just couldn't take in any more of the anger, the anger that is literally everywhere around us on a day like today.  It is palpable and roaring, like a runaway train.  Whatever the reason for it, whether "this side" or "that side", or somewhere in between, including those intensifying images from last week that are horrifically awful.  It suddenly felt like poison.  All of it.  

I couldn't take it in anymore.  I just couldn't take it in.  I shut the door.

I stared at the page here for a while, not quite sure what I could say.

I've been distressed and concerned about where all of this is heading.

But, somehow, something has happened tonight, and I have to believe it really is this astonishing thing called Spirituality.  It is mysterious, how it works.  I can't really explain it.  But I am thankful for it.  Spirituality works.

 

 

Eerie forest photo by Susan Larison Danz

No comments:

Post a Comment