This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Perspectives on Beauty

 "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." ~ Anne Frank

I can't imagine how I never noticed it.  Today while walking into my living room, I glanced to my left at a picture on the wall.  Reflected in it was an astonishing view of a mountain I can't always easily see.  

How many times per day do I walk that way?  The view straight out the window is pleasant as well, but not quite as dramatic.  

I had never noticed it.

Is it because I dusted off the picture the other day?  Should I put a mirror there instead?  (I decided that's not necessary.)  It wasn't THAT dusty.

I just hadn't looked that way.

Today I did.  A new perspective revealed it.

Beauty can surprise us.   

 

 

Reflection on the Trail photo by Susan Larison Danz 

No comments:

Post a Comment