This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Thursday, January 14, 2021

Giving it a Rest

 "Conflict cannot survive without your participation." ~ Wayne Dyer

I decided to give it a rest tonight, and so I turned on the Classical music.  It was exactly the right thing to do.  I had seen something really inspiring and uplifting and forward looking right before, and I wanted to hold onto it.

Much of my evening was very peaceful.

I assist a few people with social media, and after deciding to give it a rest, from this notion of "following the news/commentary", after actually finding a welcome space of trust, I couldn't help but see someone being nasty to someone else, on social media, and more than once. 

I didn't want to see it.  But I saw it.

About the same time, a piece came on the radio with notes that felt askew.

Sometimes such notes are OK, but not tonight.  I wanted to hear a simple melody, not dissonance.  And so I turned the radio off, and I finished my social media work, and I tried not to look at the various things people were being nasty about (not anyone I was assisting, just in the feed), but still it got inside my head.

And so I came in here to write.  And I feel better.




Light Emerging photo by Susan Larison Danz


No comments:

Post a Comment