This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Monday, January 25, 2021

Music Nights

"Everyone needs something to believe in..." ~ Kansas

Lately, I have taken to spontaneous "music nights" - and not typically Classical.  These nights are direct reminders of what it was like to live in the past.  And I mean this quite literally.  What I remember of the early 70's into the 80's is a living memory, occupied by music.

So occasionally I may share one of the songs.  I actually did this one summer some years ago in this blog, and I suppose a few of these may be repeated.  But that's exactly what it was like.  Repetition was a part of it.  Some songs would repeat on the radio, perhaps as much as hourly.  But what I'm really thinking about right now are those hidden songs on a record album you discovered yourself.  They never showed up on the radio, but it didn't really matter.  You couldn't stop listening.

The group Kansas, particularly in its earlier days, was a part of my Spiritual journey.  I was called to Kansas because it called to me.  It challenged me to go below the surface.  

I loved this song as the 70's transitioned into the 80's.  I still occasionally listen to it today.  It called to me as a writer, and as an explorer.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment