This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Sunday, April 18, 2021

Free to Be

"Give the world the gift of YOU. Be yourself." ~ Susan Larison Danz

 

When I was a young child in the early 70's, I remember a television special (I think it was on television, anyway) with the title Free to Be You and Me.  I can't quite remember it, and I think I only saw it once, but the title and overall feeling of whatever this was made such an impression on my young mind and heart that I never forgot how it felt.  

I looked it up just now, and I really don't think I ever have.  There are all sorts of entries.  I vaguely recall music.  I do remember Marlo Thomas, smiling.

But most of all, I remember the words:  Free to Be You and Me

It was joyful and exuberant, as I recall.  It felt like a celebration.  It still has much to teach us.



Hat photo by Susan Larison Danz.

No comments:

Post a Comment