This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Saturday, January 17, 2015

In Celebration of A Life...

"Be it as if I were with you..."

"The best of me then when no longer visible--for toward that I have been incessantly preparing."

~ Walt Whitman

Today I walked in Nature, celebrating the beautiful life of Frances Alice Toepfer, May 8, 1922 - December 6, 2014. 

"I feel so very thankful to have known Frances Toepfer as a wonderful mentor and friend. My journalism and newspaper staff instructor at Lincoln from 1979 to 1982, she encouraged and delighted me for years with occasional heart to heart talks and letters. I visited Fran most recently last summer, and she was still enjoying her writing, artwork and reading. She was actively engaged in life and beautifully aware of her loving spiritual path. I too am a writer, and she inspired me to think expansively from the very first day I walked into her class, not only in my writing, but in life itself. She is even with me now, reminding me to write succinctly (and yes, I sense she is inviting us to smile, as all of "her writers" remember...). I express my heartfelt condolences."
 
Today...


"Yesterday"...











No comments:

Post a Comment