This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Saturday, March 19, 2016

Carried...

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." 
~ Henry David Thoreau

I observed the current a long while, the water high, enough to encroach upon the branches of bushes, some attempting to float and others submerged.

And then I noticed a stick that looked to be stuck - yet also adrift, apparently.  It wasn't like the rest.  It wasn't attached to a bush or a tree.  It had become entangled within the branches that were.  And then all of a sudden, it broke free, the current carrying it forward.  It traveled a few feet.  Before it became stuck, again, this time a bit more.


I left it there, eventually, watching long enough to see the current turning it one way, then the other, working its way, as if aware this particular stick had the freedom to roam. 

It wasn't actually adrift.  And it was never actually stuck.  Carried, it was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment