This blog was written by a real human being. No textual or photographic content created by the author of this blog was generated by AI. Though a website or search engine used during research (or quoted text/externally provided photos) may be utilizing AI, a sincere attempt is made here to reference human verifiable content to help ensure accuracy. No AI chatbots or tools were directly used in research, unless specifically noted as an example of their use.


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mirror, Mirror


Love yourself enough to authentically BE who you truly are.

Somehow my morning posts transitioned to night, but I'm determined to do my best to keep writing even though it's late and I'm tired.  It seems the lesson to which I keep returning lately is simply Let It Be.

Tonight I find myself reflecting upon the topic of mirroring and authenticity.  I have a tendency to mirror people I'm talking with, and it's something that has been with me a very long time.

When in balance, I sense it's a form of empathy and understanding, a way of gravitating towards those things which mutually resonate, surfacing those aspects of yourself that genuinely overlap with another person.  They say when we imitate body language, for example, it can actually be a way of developing rapport.

I used to travel often to the Ozarks in Missouri, and before I knew it, I just couldn't seem to help taking on a bit of a twang in my voice when enjoying a conversation.

Yet how do we know when mirroring is out of balance?  How do we know when we are masking our authentic selves?

As I have been writing, I literally heard them say on the radio "You've got to love yourself."

That says it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment